What Is Your Time Worth?
It seems to be pretty time consuming to do all what is involved in selling individual items on a virtual garage sale site. In order to sell an item you must:
- Photograph and post each item on the board (sometimes waiting for it to be approved by the administrator)
- Converse with each interested person
- Sometime send additional photos at buyers request
- Sometimes negotiate a lower price
- Set up a meeting time with interested buyer that suits you both
- Meet the buyer to exchange item
After adding up all the time invested to sell a single item, it no longer seems worth the time to collect $3, $5, or even $10.00
Save The Drama For Your Momma
If you have been a part of any virtual garage sale groups you know exactly what I’m talking about!
- Buyers receiving items that are not what’s promised
- No shows at meeting places/times
- Items are being held for buyers only for them to change their mind
- Keeping up with each set of rules and regulations (and when they change) to be a buyer/seller is impossible
Letting a stranger into your home or even meeting them in a public parking lot has proved to be very dangerous. Many recent news stories have reported:
- Sellers being robbed at the time of pick up
- Sellers receiving fake cash
As a mom we almost always have our children with us. Even if you think it is safe to meet in a public parking lot to exchange an item the other party can easily just follow you home! Please remember you are meeting a stranger. Authorities suggest if you choose to meet a stranger to exchange an item, please meet in the police station parking lot!
At your local Rhea Lana’s Children’s Consignment Event
When you consign with Rhea Lana’s you simply hang, tag and enter each item into our user friendly inventory system. The system allows you to do a little at a time, saving your inventory as you go. Our consignors earn 70-80% of their sales and receive a pass to shop our private pre-sale event. They can also watch their sales live online!
Consignors check-in their items on designated drop off days. The process is super simple and we have a friendly, professional staff to assist you. After that, WE do the rest of the work for you!! Our extensive marketing efforts bring hundreds of shoppers through the door looking for exactly what YOU are selling.
When the event is over we have your unsold items neatly sorted, provide you a printed sales report, and your check is ready!
If you have some spring cleaning to tackle this season, I invite you to experience the ease, safety and benefits of consigning with your local Rhea Lana’s!!Rhea Lana's • Smart Shopping • Something to talk about | No comments yet |